Contrary to popular belief, wisdom teeth aren’t always a cause of concern. For some, wisdom teeth simply grow, seldom cause any trouble and would just remain as is. And for others, it might lead to certain problems such as pain, loss of gums and the like. So, should you go for wisdom teeth removal in Sydney? Only if it’s impacted, because it might lead to some of the following problems:
- Infection and Inflammation: Due to limited space for the teeth to grow, wisdom teeth can lead to painful gum diseases such as gum inflammation or other health hazards. If your wisdom tooth is partially impacted, the space of separation between the gums and bacteria can act as a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Damage to Nearby Teeth: Impacted wisdom teeth can also instigate problems to the surrounding teeth as well. And that is more than simply invading their space. This could eventually lead to bone loss and cavities as well.
- Overcrowding: Wisdom teeth usually erupts in an already crowded area and with barely any space to grow, they push aside the neighbouring teeth leading to misalignment. You’d then need to go for braces to fix such alignment issues.
- Hard to Clean: If you experience pains with wisdom teeth, your oral hygiene might also be at risk. Because of the lack of space, it can be difficult for you to brush and floss your teeth.
- Cysts or Tumours: Impacted wisdom teeth might also lead to problems such as cysts or tumours, which have to be treated by an oral surgeon.
When you experience discomfort or pains, make no second thoughts in consulting an oral surgeon. Look for a wisdom teeth removal specialist in Sydney having authentic certification and good experience in the field.